Spain is a favorite destination for digital nomads due to its great climate, amazing cities, affordable cost of living, and fast Internet connections. However, until recently digital nomads were only allowed to stay in the country as tourists. This changed with the introduction of a new visa that is open to remote workers employed by non-Spanish companies. The new visa is a game changer for many digital nomads who now have the option to live and work in Spain.

The new visa is available to non-EU/EEA citizens who work remotely as freelancers, entrepreneurs, or with clients from outside the country. The new visa will allow these people to settle in Spain and work from home, and it simplifies some of the requirements that were previously necessary for obtaining residency on arrival. It also allows freelancers to earn up to 20% of their income from Spanish clients.

This new visa has already gained considerable interest. Google searches for the term “digital nomad visa spain” spiked by 66% in late January, according to online marketing specialists Semrush. This makes sense, as the new visa opens up a wide range of opportunities for digital nomads and entrepreneurs to take advantage of the many benefits that Spain has to offer.

Unlike the EU Blue Card, which requires proof that you are a skilled paid employee and a tertiary educated expert in a field that Spain lacks experts in, the new Digital Nomad visa does not require such qualifications. However, you will still need to have a contract with a Spanish company and purchase private health insurance. Moreover, you will have to prove that your income is not below a certain threshold.

The minimum monthly income for the new digital nomad visa is EUR2,160. This is relatively low compared to other European countries, and it is not difficult for digital nomads from around the world to meet this requirement. You will also have to obtain a residence permit and register your address. You can then apply for a permanent resident visa after five years, which will allow you to bring your family members into the country as well.

The application process varies depending on your location, so make sure to check with your local embassy or consulate for specific details. Typically, you will need to provide your CV and work history, along with official translations of any documents that are not in Spanish. Your local embassy or consulate may provide a list of approved translation services. Moreover, you may need to provide medical records and vaccination certificates. Lastly, you will need to pay a processing fee, which is set by the Spanish Ministry of Justice.

By Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *